[HUG ] Re: Distagon 30 Internal Filters....

  • From: Mark Rabiner <mark@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "hasselblad@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <hasselblad@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2008 23:40:59 -0400

> In a message dated 3/17/08 1:26:12 PM, jim@xxxxxxxxx writes:
>

> Those lenses are optically
> designed with a filter as part of the formula.
>

> And in addition to the three colored filters, there is also a clear "filter"
> of optically flat glass that has to be used when the colored filters are not
> in use.   Otherwise the optical design goes south.   Best regards, David at
> the top of the Chesapeake Bay.

Yes but I¹m sure the formula calls for two optically flat surfaces; perhaps
a specified thickness.
Gee could not just the right coating screw it up?

I can¹t imagine Schneider in the willing form of B+W or
Zeiss in the form of Heliopan Schott glass wont  be able to gladly fill the
bill and one of them were probably already making them for Hasselblad in the
first place!

Mark William Rabiner
markrabiner.com