[HUG ] 500mm TeleTessar - Any experiences?

  • From: Jim Mooney <jmooney776@xxxxxxx>
  • To: hasselblad@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 30 Mar 2008 10:41:47 -0400

Hi All,

After a short fling with a Bronica I'm succumbing to the siren call of the 'Blad. In planning out my kit I've come across the 500mm TeleTessar (not the APO version). I understand it's got some fringing issues but other than that how does it rate? I'd love to hear anyone's experiences with it or see some samples if you have any to share.

I know the Tele-ApoTessar is a great lens but it's out of my league budget wise but I think it's be great to have that focal length in MF. After all I've heard that Victor invented the Hassy to take better bird pictures so it'd be great to go back to the root of things and shoot some wildlife.

Take care,

Jim