[hashcash] updating Digest::Hashcash? (Re: Re: Digest::Hashcash)

  • From: Adam Back <adam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: hashcash@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 3 Jun 2005 07:48:38 -0400

Yes I think it was a minor bug fix / optimization or something like
that.

It probably wouldn't be too hard to update Digest::Hashcash to support
the version 1 tokens (as well as version 0), it's mostly formatting
stuff, plus very simple definition change to avoid spammers
benefitting from luck (token-value is min of token value claimed in
stamp, and of the hash size... that way if you create a 20 bit token
it will not have value over 20 bits even if you get lucky and get a 24
bit token (happens 1/16th of time)).

If someone wants a nice self-contained mini-coding project...

I think you would not have to understand the perl XS C/perl
integration stuff in any depth as the API probably wouldn't need to
change much other than maybe passing a few more args.

Adam