[hashcash] some arm asm code (Re: Re: benchmarks...)

  • From: Adam Back <adam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: hashcash@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2004 12:35:14 -0400

On Fri, Sep 10, 2004 at 05:14:30PM +0100, Jonathan Morton wrote:
> We could do with finding someone with a K8 (Opteron/A64) core, as
> that's the one major x86 subarchitecture missing right now.

Yes that would be nice.  I'll post on alt.privacy.anon-server as some
people there are using hashcash for remailers, see if anyone has one,
or other interesting hardware).

> It would also be instructive to run on an ARM chip of some
> description, as it seems to be very widely used in PDAs and
> appliances.  My parents have an old Archimedes with an early ARM in
> it, so if push comes to shove I could try to install Linux on it.

Someone sent me some arm code a long time ago now:

http://www.cypherspace.org/hashcash/riscos/

mixture of basic and arm assembler.  I am not sure what processor it
was on but he got 13,875 hashes/sec.

Maybe I can find the mail if I still have it see if it gives the
processor.

Adam