[hashcash] python hashcash status (Re: hashcash v1 support)

  • From: Adam Back <adam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Eric S. Johansson" <esj@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2004 08:30:00 -0400

David McNab (cc'd) wrote a pure python hashcash _implementation_
recently.  It does just the verification and creation (and not the
double spending database nor toekn expiry logic).  I am not a python
programmer but it seems to me that the format is incompatible (with
both v0 and v1 hashcash stamps), unless one can use it to create the
v1 format (or other formats) by passing in the correctly formatted
inputs?

        http://www.freenet.org.nz/python/hashcash/

I have not put a link to it yet, was waiting for David to clarify how
to use it to create and verify v1 format stamps.

So you might be able to build on that?

A long time ago Andy Dustman wrote a python interface to the hashcash
C lib, but this was like years and years ago and both hashcash and
python have changed major version since then I expect.

Adam