[hashcash] Re: next release?

  • From: Hubert Chan <hubert@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: hashcash@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2005 15:43:17 -0500

>>>>> "Hubert" == Hubert Chan <hubert@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

[...]

Hubert> Another possible solution would be to use threads instead of
Hubert> forking.  ...snip...  The only thing that I'm
Hubert> not sure about is how portable something like pthreads is.
Hubert> i.e. is it available on Windows.

I forgot that my Python (and C) code isn't portable anyways, since it
uses the wait syscall, which apparently isn't available under Windows.

Since there doesn't seem to be any portable solution at the moment, my
gut feeling is that it would be best to leave this as an external
wrapper rather than integrating it into hashcash, so that we avoid all
sorts of ugliness.  Adam, what do you think?

--
Hubert Chan <hubert@xxxxxxxxx> - http://www.uhoreg.ca/
PGP/GnuPG key: 1024D/124B61FA