[hashcash] Re: mutt config / outgoing filter style?

  • From: "Eric S. Johansson" <esj@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: adam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 06 Mar 2004 12:44:33 -0500

Adam Back wrote:
> Does anyone know how to configure mutt to append the necessary
> hashcash to outgoing mail?
>
> Maybe we need an outgoing analog to the -X option, which looks at To,
> Cc (and maybe Bcc tho' those are problematic) and adds in the necessary
> hashcash?
>
> Also in the worst case, parsing stuff those things can be difficult.
> Lots of quoting, alternatives etc.
>
> But that would allow a more filter-like use of hashcash with less MUA
> support, or without hooking at envelope recipient level which is lower
> level.

two techniques.  Proxy ala camram, or create a delivery program such as
a modified version of ssmtp.  Mutt allows you to specify what program
will be used for delivery of e-mail.  The mail message is delivered on
stdin so it should be relatively simple to make a filter to do the right
thing.

--- eric

--
Speech recognition in use.  Incorrect endings, words, and case is
closer than it appears