[hashcash] Re: major postfix suckage

  • From: Justin Guyett <justin@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: hashcash@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2004 19:36:35 +0000

On 2004-08-26T18:59:54-0400, Eric S. Johansson wrote:
> Kyle Hasselbacher wrote:
>
> on a related note, I got beat up (somewhat) on the postfix list.  The
> people there are of the opinion that if a message has multiple
> recipients, it should be replicated so that each recipient gets their
> own copy with their own stamp.
>
> The argument for this is that most MTAs can cope with headers of only a
> limited size.  For example, sendmail is reputed to be able to cope with
> only 32K worth of header.
>
> Personally, I consider this issue to be no big deal but it was very
> important to them so I agreed to try it.
>
> Opinions?

That made me think of something else.

What if I want to send a message to two people, and to a third but
without a stamp?  Perhaps new headers which are merged once the filter
has computed stamps?  (NoHC-Bcc might be trickier)

Is that a useless feature, or is there a practical use for it?

--
"When in our age we hear these words: It will be judged by the result--then we
know at once with whom we have the honor of speaking.  Those who talk this way