[hashcash] Re: major postfix suckage

  • From: "Eric S. Johansson" <esj@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: hashcash@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2004 18:59:54 -0400

Kyle Hasselbacher wrote:

> Given that, though, you'd have a stamper that you could bolt onto more
mailers than just Postfix.

Hells bells, I'm just about there now. The postfix interface is rather simple (i.e. just SMTP) and through the camram option file, you can specify reinjection location. But yes, anybody can inject as long as they have access to local host which is a potential source of mischief.

on a related note, I got beat up (somewhat) on the postfix list. The people there are of the opinion that if a message has multiple recipients, it should be replicated so that each recipient gets their own copy with their own stamp.

The argument for this is that most MTAs can cope with headers of only a limited size. For example, sendmail is reputed to be able to cope with only 32K worth of header.

Personally, I consider this issue to be no big deal but it was very important to them so I agreed to try it.

Opinions?