[hashcash] Re: hashcash stamp server

  • From: "Gerhard A. Blab" <g.blab@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: hashcash@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2004 12:36:10 +0100

On Friday 19 March 2004 12:02, Martin Hans wrote:
> On Friday 19 March 2004 11:41, I wrote:
> [SNIP]
> > If it is only integration into kmail that you are interested in, you
> > should try the perl-scritps hashcash-sendmail and hashcash-daemon
> [SNIP some more]
> Well. It's not. I was only wondering how we could implement some of those
> things that were discussed. I thought it would be nicer to have the stamps
> generated while writing and to have the pre-generation and statistics
> managed all in one place. Rather than having to write this functionality
> for each MUA it would be better to provide a simple interface that has some
> more intelligence hidden behind it.
>
> Martin

ACK, yet everything you mention (except the generate-while-you-write) could be
done be the daemon:
* can be used by any MUA that uses a sendmail-like program to send its mail,
on any OS that understands Perl
* could use the double-spend database to figure out likely recipients (if we
ask Kyle nicely to implement this) and pre-generate stamps if there's time
for it

mlg
Gerhard

--