[hashcash] Re: hashcash stamp server

  • From: "Gerhard A. Blab" <g.blab@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: hashcash@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2004 11:41:09 +0100

On Friday 19 March 2004 11:17, Martin Hans wrote:
> Hi,
> I have been quietly following the discussions on this list for a few weeks
> and have been wondering how to integrate hashcash with my favorite MUA,
> kmail.

If it is only integration into kmail that you are interested in, you should
try the perl-scritps hashcash-sendmail and hashcash-daemon
(http://www.toehold.com/~kyle/hashcash/). They work really fine for me.

Admitted, it does not allow you to generate the tokens while you write your
eMail, but I'm not sure that is really necessary (unless you have a really
slow computer).

With the above mentioned scripts, kmail is available immediately for further
work and the Hashcash-tagged eMail are sent a few seconds after that without
the need for any user intervention.

mlg and two centimes right back at you,
Gerhard

--