One pill makes you larger, And one pill makes you small. But the pills that spammers sell you, don't do anything at all. Go ask Alice...
All -- If you have even a passing interest in anti-spam technology, give a look to http://camram.org/ . The latest release of Camram, 0.3.14 (a.k.a the "Go ask Alice" release), is now available for public consumption. (Claims not validated by the FDA or any scientific research.)
- SMTP interception filtering. Camram can now be installed as a "lump in the line" for both inbound filtering and outbound stamping.
- Auto-adjustment of thresholds in the spamtrap. Camram applies sensible algorithms based on both user action and the passage of time to relax the scoring limits on email considered spam or non-spam.
- Automated downloader / builder / installer. The new "Raging Dormouse" takes much of the pain out of downloading and building Camram and its associated pieces.
- Comprehensive install documentation, including several new diagrams explaining Camram architecture, terminology, and operation.
- Spam filtering on a per-user or per-domain level, or combination thereof.
- A better user experience while training the CRM 114 Bayesian filter.
- Optional challenge-response using stamps. This includes a new Java applet that runs in the sender's browser to generate a stamp.
- Reducing / eliminating the possibility of losing, or mistakenly passing, messages due to spammer attacks on bypass filters.