[hashcash] about bcc's (Re: hashcash doesn't pick the right resource during check?)

  • From: Adam Back <adam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Kyle Hasselbacher <kyle@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 8 Mar 2004 01:07:58 -0500

On Bcc's.  Just tested this (Bcc's get no hashcash) and saw earlier
your comment in the source about Bcc's and privacy.

The "correct" thing to do IMO with Bcc's to respect privacy is deliver
each Bcc recipient (separately) with it's X-Hashcash (and the other
non-Bcc X-hashcashes).

With your software arch I think this would not be so hard because you
anyway have the message sitting there and you know about Bcc's.

Also I re-tested my claim about the grep( ... ) code not working, and
I can still reproduce if I put it back.

If it helps this is what I captured in a log file about how it was
being called:

-- adam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
-- hashcash@xxxxxxxxxxxxx adam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx kyle@xxxxxxxxxxx

etc.