[hashcash] Re: SpamAssassin / hashcash deployment stats?

  • From: "Eric S. Johansson" <esj@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: hashcash@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 05 Nov 2005 11:36:15 -0500

Adam Back wrote:

The big question is if we can put something reasonable as a default
such that we can get spamassassin accepting hashcash by default for
some proportion of people who never get around to editing the config.

I would suggest three tests:

"am I (A|MX) for the domain" test for the stamp domain.

does the recipient address in the stamp match the smtp delivery address

a site wide double spending test.

the first test verifies that you are a legitimate recipient of e-mail for the stamp address/domain. The second test further verifies the accuracy of the stamp held address. The third test is the classic double spending test for serial and parallel double spending.

does this work for you? I may just implement test number one for myself in camram. :-) although I really need a verify test and that's a bit more than I can dig into right now.

---eric