[hashcash] Re: RPOW - Reusable Proofs of Work

  • From: "Eric S. Johansson" <esj@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: hashcash@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 22 Aug 2004 19:50:55 -0400

Hal Finney wrote:

You're right that in practice, the RPOW concept cannot really scale to
handling the entire email load of the Internet!  Each board costs over
$3000 and while the system is designed to be scalable, there are limits.
It is really meant as a proof of concept at this point.  There might
be specific areas where it could be adequate; one example I am thinking
about is anonymous remailers, which often suffer from overuse.

on the anonymous remailer issue. Why doesn't the message originator generates stamps for every single hop or layer of remailing? (Assuming of course, I'm not totally misunderstanding how anonymous remailer's work. Maybe a short review is in order)

---eric

--
Speech recognition in use.  It makes mistakes, I correct most