[hashcash] Re: Obtaining speed results for different CPUs (collision tests/sec)

  • From: Jonathan Morton <chromi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: hashcash@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 20 Aug 2004 00:09:30 +0100

1) I would like to run the timing test on a dos 486/25. Is there a 16-bit version of hashcash.exe available (or one that will work on a dos 486/25, running Win3.11 believe it or not...) The v0.28 exe was giving me the 'cannot run in DOS mode' error, no matter how I tried to run it.

Try installing Win32S. A true 16-bit version of hashcash is impractical, because SHA1 is a 32-bit hash function. It is probably possible to compile hashcash for a protected-mode environment like DOS4GW, but that is left as an exercise for the reader.

from:     Jonathan "Chromatix" Morton
mail:     chromi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
website:  http://www.chromatix.uklinux.net/