[hashcash] Re: Low end benchmarks

  • From: Jonathan Morton <chromi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: hashcash@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 28 Aug 2004 23:52:34 +0100

When I do 'make 386', I'm getting;

knoppix@ttyp0[hashcash-1.03]$ hashcash -s
collisions = 36800
speed: 368000 collision tests per second

On 'make x86-mmx', I get; speed: 375000 collision tests per second

'make generic' gives me the best performance at 463,000 tests per second.

Am I missing something?

Are you doing "make clean" in between? If not, almost nothing will get recompiled with the new settings. The x86-mmx target should get you about 2.6 million or so.

OTOH, the present method of doing a "quick benchmark" may well be suspect. I was going to put in a proper one, but haven't got around to it yet.

from:     Jonathan "Chromatix" Morton
mail:     chromi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
website:  http://www.chromatix.uklinux.net/