[hashcash] Help with implementation in some Perl code

  • From: "Rob de Santos" <rdesantos@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <hashcash@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 30 May 2006 20:35:36 -0400

Hi,

I have some Perl code written and maintained by me to do our group's mailing
lists.  I intend to modify it to use Hashcash so I need to generate the proper
header line.  I am struggling just a bit understanding the documentation so I
make a proper call to the Digest::Hashcash :

Here's some outlined code and where I need help:

use Digest::Hashcash;
$hash_here = (some code to call the creation of the hashcash);
Print MAIL "X-Hashcash: $hash_here\n";

In the call to the functions in the Digest, it's not clear to me from the readme
file just what I need to call and how to get a result like this:

e.g. passing the destination e-mail address variable, etc.  Anyone have an
example or two I can look at?  I suspect once I see it in use, it will become
obvious. :-)

Thanks,

--
-Rob de Santos