[hashcash] Re: Hashcash and GPGPU

  • From: Bas Steendijk <beware@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: hashcash@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 16 Jun 2012 16:07:31 +0200

On 2012-06-16 16:04, Aaron Toponce wrote:
Has any work been done to mint tokes using GPUs? I recently purchased to
Zotac 32-bit PCI cards (I'm out of PCIe slots, and they were only $60) for
GPGPU work, and figured this would be a great way to mint some fairly
intense tokens.

Just curious. Seems the project is anything but active, but I thought I'd
poke any embers that might be left. :)

i know for a fact that it could be done - bitcoin is done on GPU and it's the same kind of work (calculating hashes). so it has to be implemented in the official implementation, otherwise spammers have the advantage.