[hashcash] Re: Hashcash SquirrelMail configuration?

  • From: "Eric S. Johansson" <esj@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: hashcash@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2004 08:10:27 -0500

Kyle Hasselbacher wrote:

Adam Back wrote:

Anyone tried squirrelmail with hashcash-sendmail?

I haven't, but I have recommended AGAINST using hashcash-sendmail as a
system-wide sendmail replacement.  It was NOT written with that in mind, and
it's very much not secure for that use.  It would be trivial to gain access to
the mail queue, violating the privacy of other users.

on the other hand, the camram/postfix combination for stamping (and filtering) sits behind the (frequently annoying) access control of postfix. so it would work with squirrel mail with no problems or risks above and beyond what you encounter with any e-mail relay.

---eric

-- President Nixon: Now more than ever