[hashcash] Re: [Fwd: FW: Hashcash in mail (was: New Whitepaper: Anti Brute Force Resource Metering)]

  • From: "Eric S. Johansson" <esj@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: hashcash@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2005 10:47:30 -0500

Ben Laurie wrote:

If you want to put this info in DNS, then register an RR type for it,
 rather than reusing the TXT record.

so we would have something like:

        IN HASHCASH  "hcrv 0; hcsv 1;bits 30; vwin 5d"

how long would take to get a new RR type defined and propagated to all of the name servers? I suspect it is quite awhile which is why folks are overloading the TXT record. It's quick, it's easy, and it's there *NOW* without political hassle.

notice the heavily unused resource records at the end of http://www.dns.net/dnsrd/rr.html

---eric

--
http://www.wired.com/wired/archive/13.03/view.html?pg=5

The result of the duopoly that currently defines "competition" is that
prices and service suck. We're the world's leader in Internet
technology - except that we're not.