[hashcash] Annoucement: NHashcash 1.0.0.0

  • From: "Mitch Denny" <mitch.denny@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <hashcash@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 4 Sep 2004 15:09:09 +1000

Hi all,

NHashcash - A .NET implementation of hashcash:
http://nhashcash.sourceforge.net

Thanks for all the feedback you gave me last week re: my idea for using
Hashcash for blogs. I'm a .NET programmer so if I plan on doing anything
with this idea I needed to build a .NET implementation of the Hashcash spec.
Today I released version 1.0.0.0 of NHashcash. This first release NHashcash
is very simple and only includes a "minter" that produces version 0 and
version 1 stamps.

I want to encourage you all to visit the SourceForge project page to grab
the 1.0.0.0 file release, or if you are so inclined checkout the module by
anon-CVS and play around with it.

I am absolutely certain that it is not the most efficient code around so any
feedback re: performance or the code at all would be greatfully received.

My plans for 1.1.0.0 include producing a stamp verifier and performance
tuning. On that - is there any benchmarks for Hashcash? I know that
producing 16-bit - 20-bit stamps is pretty quick, but 24-bit stamps are
fairly hit and miss performance wise.

Mitch Denny
w: http://notgartner.com
e: mitch.denny@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx