[handiham-world] Handiham World Weekly E-Letter for the week of Wednesday, 01 May 2013

  • From: Patrick Tice <wa0tda@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "handiham-world@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <handiham-world@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 1 May 2013 16:06:34 -0500

*Courage Center Handiham World Weekly E-Letter for the week of Wednesday,
01 May 2013*

This is a free weekly news & information update from Courage Center
Handiham System <http://handiham.org/>. Our contact information is at the
end, or simply email handiham@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx for changes in
subscriptions or to comment. You can listen to this news online.

MP3 audio stream:

Get this podcast in iTunes:
<http://www.itunes.com/podcast?id=372422406>
http://www.itunes.com/podcast?id=372422406

http://feeds.feedBurner.com/handiham <http://feeds.feedburner.com/handiham>
------------------------------
*Welcome to Handiham World.*Nostalgia, part 3

I've been following some of the banter on the Blind-Hams Mailing
List<http://www.handiham.org/drupal2/node/5>,
where it turns out that list members are recalling how long they have been
licensed and how things were different back in the day. The thread was
started by a fellow who earned his Novice ticket 47 years ago this year.
That struck a chord with me, because I was right behind him, 46 years ago.
Both of us lived in the "0" call district, and both of us were assigned
"WN0" prefixes.  The N designated the Novice license, which was good for
one year.  You had to upgrade your ticket to Technician or General or lose
your license altogether.  That was REAL incentive licensing!  Upon your
upgrade, the N was dropped and another letter replaced it, in this case an
"A".  My call became WA0TDA, since all of the "W0" callsigns were already
taken.  Some of us have kept our original callsigns all these years, a
topic which was also brought up in the Blind-Hams List discussion.

This week I am pulling a copy of the venerable ARRL Handbook off the shelf
and taking a peek inside. Most of the Blind-Hams listers are baby boomers
like me, but our parents might have been ham radio operators, too - in a
time when things were in turmoil, during the Second World War.  Yes, this
"Radio Amateur's Handbook" is the 1944 edition.  It features a plain paper
cover with a red background and the ARRL diamond logo in blue.  "The
standard manual of Amateur Radio Communication", states the text on the
cover.  And you can't miss the "1944 Edition" and the price: "$1 in
continental U.S.A."  On the very bottom of the cover are the words,
"Published by The American Radio Relay League".

[image: 1944 ARRL Radio Amateur's Handbook cover]
*Image: * *1944 ARRL Radio Amateur's Handbook cover*

The Handbook opens with the Amateur's Code. Although this has changed a bit
over the years, you would recognize the familiar precepts of loyalty,
friendliness, and more. Turn a few pages and you are soon well into a basic
introduction to Amateur Radio of the day:  some history, what it is all
about, the bands that were available back then, and a discussion of the war
effort and how amateur stations were off the air as of December, 1941.  One
paragraph in this first section states:

*"It may occur to many readers that there is little point in obtaining an
amateur operator license when amateur radio is not permitted. Far from it!
An amateur operator license is a valuable possession, as many people
engaged in the war effort have learned. In the Army, it may serve as a
passport to a preferred position in the Signal Corps or Air Forces; in the
Navy and Marine Corps, the holder of an amateur license (provided he has
also had a high-school education and can pass the physical requirements)
may be eligible for a rating as a petty officer. Even among officer
candidates, in some branches possession of an amateur operator license is
accepted as indicating certain proficiency in respect to special radio
qualifications. This also applies to positions in various branches of the
radio industry engaged in war work. Among women, possession of an amateur
operator license is specified as one of the requirements for certain
government positions open to feminine applicants. Both industry and civil
service give preferred attention to amateur licensees."*

In that short paragraph you get a sense of how things were in 1944. The
roles of men and women were defined differently back then, but it is clear
that anyone could benefit the war effort by being a credentialed amateur
radio operator. Even some of the service branches were different: "Signal
Corps" and "Air Forces" seem out of place today when we talk about the
modern Air Force and communications is tightly interwoven into all military
services and not defined as a "Signal Corps".

Even the advertisements in the Handbook reflected the overbearing presence
of a world war.

[image: Eimac ad in the Handbook featured popular vacuum tubes of the day,
with several redacted with the words "SPECIAL MILITARY TYPE CENSORED".]
*Image: Eimac ad in the Handbook featured popular vacuum tubes of the day,
with several redacted with the words "SPECIAL MILITARY TYPE CENSORED". *

Looking further through the pages we find "Electrical and Radio
Fundamentals", chapter 2. The laws of physics may be fundamentally the same
regarding basic electricity, but back then "gaseous conduction" was
considered a worthy topic, along with "current flow in liquids" and
"current flow in vacuum".  The construction of a dry cell was covered, too,
as well as primary and secondary cells. One of the figures shows a
"hydrometer, a device with a calibrated scale for measuring the specific
gravity of the electrolyte, used to determine the state of charge of a lead
acid battery." It reminded me for all the world of a high school physics
lab course. I have to admit that I really liked high school physics!

Most of us would have no trouble recognizing the diagrams of resistors in
series and parallel and the familiar sine wave. The discussion quickly
turns to impedances in series and parallel and concepts like transformers
and turns ratios. By page 45,we are already learning about impedance
matching! Vacuum tubes are covered very thoroughly, and there isn't a word
about the still-to-be-invented transistor. The chapters that follow on
radio principles and design build upon vacuum tube technology in the days
of point-to-point wiring. Many amateur radio operators of the day built
their own equipment. Although amateurs were not allowed to get on the air
because of war restrictions, there was no prohibition against another major
facet of amateur radio, building one's own equipment. Everyone knew that
one day amateur radio would return to the airwaves following the war. The
Handbook contained many construction articles, which certainly provided
many hours of amateur radio enjoyment, even though the airwaves were silent
for the moment.

Then, as now, it was important to support the ARRL.

[image: Application for ARRL membership from back pages of 1944 Handbook]
*Image: Early ARRL application *

The application for membership in the American Radio Relay League was short
and sweet – just a single page near the back of the Handbook. There was a
dashed line that indicated you could cut the page out of the Handbook and
fill it in to join ARRL. The address was:

*American Radio Relay League,
West Hartford, Conn., U.S.A.*

( Notice that the abbreviation for Connecticut was Conn., as the official
two-letter designations were yet to be invented. Of course there was no Zip
Code either.)

Here is the text of the application:

*Being genuinely interested in Amateur Radio, I hereby apply for membership
in the American Radio Relay League, and enclose $2.50 ($3.00 in foreign
countries) in payment of one year's dues*,  $1.25 of which is for a
subscription to QST for the same period. Please begin my subscription with
the…… issue.*

*The call of my station is……*

*The class of my operators license is……*

*I belong to the following radio societies……....*

*Send my Certificate of Membership or Membership Card (indicate which) to
the address below:*

*Name.....................................*

*A bona fide interest in amateur radio is the only essential requirement,
but full voting membership is granted only to licensed radio amateurs of
the United States and Canada. Therefore, if you have a license, please be
sure to indicate above. The dues are $2.50 per year in the United States.*

Today the ARRL Handbook remains the go-to place for most everything in
Amateur Radio. It's bigger and literally packed with good stuff -
everything from the venerable vacuum tube to the latest surface-mount
devices.

And guess what?

You'll still find the Amateur's Code near the beginning. It has survived
the test of time and is as valid today as it was in 1944!

And at the end of the book?

A compact disk. ARRL states:

*CD-ROM Included! The CD-ROM includes all of the fully searchable text and
illustrations in the printed book, as well as expanded supplemental
content, software, PC board templates and other support files.*

The Handbook is one of the best things you can add to your ham shack
library. <http://www.arrl.org/shop/ARRL-Handbook-2013-Hardcover-Edition/> It
is now 1,320 pages - Those tiny integrated circuits, transistors, and
surface-mount devices must take up more room than we thought. The 1944
edition was only 184 pages (counting the index.)  Our blind members who use
screenreading software should have access to the text embedded in the PDF
files on the compact disc. When I last checked the ARRL website, there was
a special on the hardcover edition, making it available for only $49.95.
(Yes, it is no longer $1, but given inflation and the fact that it really
has much more to offer, it is a real bargain!)

Patrick Tice, WA0TDA
Handiham Manager
------------------------------
Walt Seibert, KD0LPX, Courage Center Director of Planned Giving, Retires

[image: Walt, KD0LPX, left, holds his CSCE in 2010, when he earned his Tech
license. Pat, WA0TDA, right, congratulates Walt on behalf of the VE team.]
*Walt, KD0LPX, left, holds his CSCE in 2010, when he earned his Tech
license. Pat, WA0TDA, right, congratulates Walt on behalf of the VE team of
the ARRL Special Service Club SARA, the Stillwater (MN) Amateur Radio
Association. <http://radioham.org/>*

Handiham Courage Center Senior Development officer and Director of Planned
Giving Walt Seibert, KD0LPX, has retired this week.  His last day was
yesterday.  Over the years Walt worked with supporters to help keep the
Handiham program and other Courage Center programs strong.  In recent years
he concentrated closely on the Handiham endowment fund, and his
professionalism and expertise made his work on our behalf successful.  Walt
is now studying for his General ticket and hopes to attend the summer Radio
Camp session. He has worked for Courage Center for 18 years and will be
missed - though with ham radio, we know we will always be staying in touch.
Last week I had coffee with Walt and we talked about getting ready for
Hamvention®, what the future might be for ham radio and Handihams, what he
plans to do this coming summer, and what special plans he has for
retirement.

Naturally, I always recommend ham radio as the world's premier retirement
hobby!  Walt went to Dayton with us one year, so he has a very good idea
about the scope of amateur radio.  It is great to hear that he wants to
upgrade to General.

We wish Walt a WONDERFUL retirement and look forward to seeing him at camp.
------------------------------
Correspondence:

[image: cartoon robot with pencil]
ARRL EMA Section <http://ema.arrl.org/> Manager Phil Temples, K9HI, has
released the Eastern Massachusetts Section News.  Here is an excerpt from
this month's edition:

*It's been an extraordinary past few weeks for the citizens of
Massachusetts as well as for the entire country. The tragic events at the
Boston Marathon on Patriot's Day and the weeks following will forever be
seared into our collective memories. The bombings, subsequent violence, the
lockdown, an historic manhunt, and the eventual capture of a dangerous
fugitive not only shook us but led us to summon our most enduring and
positive of human qualities. We listened and watched in awe to the stories
of first responders (and ordinary citizens) who rushed into harm's way to
aid the injured and dying. In the days afterward, we collectively grieved.
Slowly, now, we collectively heal.*

*For the hundreds of Amateur Radio volunteers from across New England who
came to serve that day, the Marathon was going to be a fun, routine public
service event. Sure, operators at previous Marathons have endured hardships
and weather-related challenges. Temperature extremes in years past have
resulted in hundreds of requests for ambulance transport to area hospitals.
One year, there was even a fatality. But in all of the thirty-plus years of
Boston Marathons in which amateurs have served, this one was without
precedent.*

*Amateur Radio volunteers performed admirably during the period where they
were covering a normal public service event. BAA (Boston Athletic
Association <http://www.baa.org/>) officials in Hopkinton successfully
ensured a smooth and safe start, thanks in part to efficient communications
provided by the hams that shadowed them. Checkpoints and first aid stations
were able to verify and obtain needed supplies, and later, coordinate the
transport of runners. Red Cross officials who crisscrossed the course were
kept in the loop always, thanks to their Amateur Radio shadows.*

*But then... 2:50 PM.*

*Initially, rumors and vague reports surfaced. CNN texts and other media
alerts began to light up smartphones. Phone call volume increased. In fact,
in many locations along the course, cell phone service crashed under the
strain. Soon, it was apparent to everyone that a major disaster was
unfolding, and amateurs were caught up in the middle of it. The jarring
directive went out over the amateur networks to halt all runners.*

*Stop the Marathon.*

*The BAA's mission abruptly changed, and new priorities were quickly
introduced. As Marathon volunteer Tim Carter, W3ATB of Meredith, New
Hampshire succinctly puts it, "The bombs created a new set of problems. How
do the runners stay warm? How do the runners get fed? How do the runners
get to their belongings? How do the runners discover if their loved ones
waiting at the finish are okay? How do the runners let their loved ones
know where they are? How will thousands of runners be transported to
who-knows-where?"*

*News coverage of the bombings and subsequent capture of the suspects has,
of course, been non-stop and numbing. Soon, for the first time the
behind-the-scenes story of Amateur Radio at this Boston Marathon will
appear in the volunteers' own words in the pages of QST, CQ Magazine and
the ARRL's online monthly ARES Newsletter. I want to thank our Section
Emergency Coordinator Rob Macedo, KD1CY, for helping to pull together much
of the material that will appear in these stories. Some of the other
contributors include: Paul Topolski, W1SEX, District Emergency Coordinator
for Worcester County, Western MA; Steve Schwarm, W3EVE, DEC for Field
Operations, Eastern MA; Tim Carter, W3ATB; Carl Aveni, N1FY, Assistant SEC;
Terry Stader, KA8SCP, DEC.*

*I'm proud of the actions of the section's ARES members and other Marathon
Amateur Radio Communications consortium participants during this horrific
event. When the shock hit, amateurs shifted gears seamlessly from public
service event coverage to full-blown emergency operations. The fact that
amateurs are trained and able to make such a profound transition so quickly
ensures that our services will always be in demand. You have this Section
Manager's sincere gratitude.*

   - Thank you to Phil and ARRL for this report. We are looking forward to
   hearing more from Phil at Radio Camp this summer.

Remember the days of the phone patch?  Ron, K8HSY, does:

[image: Back of K7UGA QSL card sent to Handihams in December 1982. Signed
by Barry Goldwater.]
*Back of K7UGA QSL card sent to Handihams in December 1982. Signed by Barry
Goldwater.*

In the late 1960's, during the Vietnam war, a group of us hams went out to
Barry Goldwater's ham station at his home in Paradise Valley Arizona in
shifts to handle phone patches between our troops stationed in the South
Pacific islands, Korea, and limited other QTH's in Asia and their loved
ones here in the states. Senator Goldwater's ham call was K7UGA. If you
read what I just wrote carefully, you will notice I referred to Senator
Goldwater's ham station, not his ham shack. Believe me; it was far from a
shack. It was a totally separate building from his house. In fact, I was
never in his house, just his ham station. When you walked into the front
door of his ham quarters, you were walking into a fairly large room, about
20 feet wide by about 30 or more feet long. It had a really large fireplace
on the right end with a beautiful mantel that went above the fireplace the
entire length. Senator Goldwater's Kachina Doll Collection was displayed on
that mantel and was a very precious collection. Off on the left end of this
main room was one step up to another little room that was a kitchenette
with a very well-stocked refrigerator with all kinds of non-alcoholic
beverages that we could drink when we were operating our shift. Of course,
he had cups for cold water, and I think there were some snack items too,
but I never snooped around in his kitchenette.

When you walked into the front door and straight ahead was his ham
equipment. It was the entire Collins station, receiver, transmitter, and
amplifier. On the wall right above his ham gear was a large Bronze bust of
General Chiang Kai-shek of Taiwan.

Senator Goldwater's antenna tower was something you simply had to actually
see to believe. First, his house and ham station were on top of a high hill
in Paradise Valley, just outside of Scottsdale, Arizona, which is just
outside of Phoenix. The tower was on high ground to begin with, but it went
up another 75 feet to the huge, multi-element, tri-bander perched on top of
the tower. When we rotated the beam, the entire tower rotated, not just the
beam, but the entire tower. The base of the tower was bolted to the motor
that was geared to slowly rotate the mast. The bolts were the largest bolts
I have ever seen. The head of each bolt was at least 15 inches across.

That was quite an experience. At times, we were all sobbing and crying.
Why? Because we were connecting our soldiers up with their parents, Moms
and Dads, and their girlfriends and wives. Each soldier only had just a few
minutes to talk because we had so many to get patched into the states. The
fellows were on places like Wake Island, Guam, Korea, and other Far East
places. They didn't want to stop talking. The wives and girlfriends were
crying and resisted hanging up in fear that they might never hear their
loved one's voice ever again. The girls would cry out over and over: "I
love you! Please, please be careful and take care of yourself! I love you;
I love you; I love you!!" Just the memories make me choke up writing this.

I'm sharing this with you because it is one more aspect of ham radio that
never got much attention at the time, and frankly, there aren't too many of
us left that participated in these overseas phone patches that served a
very special purpose and role in ham radio and is an important part of our
ham radio history.

Ron, K8HSY
------------------------------
Handiham Nets are on on the air.

[image: TMV71A transceiver]

*We are on the air daily at 11:00 USA Central Time, plus Wednesday &
Thursday evenings at 19:00 USA Central Time.  A big THANK YOU to all of our
net control stations!  What will Doug, N6NFF, come up with for his trivia
question tonight? Will it be a question about ham radio history?  How about
a brain-buster from the world of electronic theory?  I guess we'll just
have to tune in and listen!*

*We maintain our nets at 11:00 hours daily relative to Minnesota time.
Since the nets remain true to Minnesota time, the difference between
Minnesota time and GMT is -5 hours.  The net is on the air at 16:00 hours
GMT.  *

*The official and most current net news may be found at:
http://www.handiham.org/nets *
------------------------------
Handiham Booth at Dayton Hamvention®Help needed at the booth

[image: Hamvention arena showing forest of antennas aand crowd of people.]

*If you are at the show, we could use your help. *

It's not too early to remind our readers and listeners that we will be at
Dayton Hamvention® again this year, and we would like you to stop by and
visit us at booth 330 in the Silver Arena. The dates are May 17-19, 2013.
The theme at Dayton this year is "DX Hamvention®".  We always have a couple
of extra chairs at the Handiham booth, so you can sit down while you
visit.  We may put you to work telling others about Handihams!  If you use
a wheelchair or a scooter, there will be room for you to pull into the
booth area out of traffic in the aisle.  We always place our table back to
allow for a nice, open area that can accommodate our members and their
service dogs. See you there!  Learn more about the show:
http://www.hamvention.org/

*If you stop by to see us, we would appreciate your help at the booth.
Help us tell the Handiham story!*
------------------------------
*A dip in the pool*

[image: Pat shows off his new Plantronics USB headset!]

It's time to test our knowledge by taking a dip in the pool - the AMATEUR
RADIO question pool, that is!

*Let's go to the Technician Class pool and examine several questions about
decibels:*

T5B09 asks: What is the approximate amount of change, measured in decibels
(dB), of a power increase from 5 watts to 10 watts?

Possible answers are:

A. 2 dB

B. 3 dB

C. 5 dB

D. 10 dB

Do you use complicated formulas and logarithms to figure out the answer to
this question? No! All you have to do is remember that any doubling of
power is equivalent to three dB. It doesn't matter if the power doubles
from 1 watt to 2 watts , or if it doubles from 5 watts to 10 watts.  Either
way, it is a three dB increase. Therefore, the change in dB is answer B: 3
dB.  You can see that absolutely no math is required.

Next, T5B10 asks:  What is the approximate amount of change, measured in
decibels (dB), of a power decrease from 12 watts to 3 watts?

Possible answers are:

A. 1 dB

B. 3 dB

C. 6 dB

D. 9 dB

Now we have to work the problem backwards. We have already stated that each
doubling of power is equivalent to a 3 dB change.  Cutting the power in
half works the same way.  Let's say we begin with 3 watts, doubling it to 6
watts.  That is 3 dB right there.  Then we double that 6 watts again,
making it 12 watts.  That is another 3 dB, right?  So 3 dB + 3 dB = 6 dB,
which is answer C.  Remember that we are simply looking for a change in
power in these questions about dB.

And finally, T5B11 asks:  What is the approximate amount of change,
measured in decibels (dB), of a power increase from 20 watts to 200 watts?

A. 10 dB

B. 12 dB

C. 18 dB

D. 28 dB

This question is going to require a bit of "interpolation", which is just
way of guessing at a likely close answer.  We begin by doubling the 20
watts to get 40. Then we double the 40 to get 80.  Then we double the 80 to
get 160 watts.  We have doubled the power three times, so that is 3 dB for
each time, which is 3 + 3 + 3 = 9 dB.  But the questions specifies 200
watts, not 180 watts.  Here is where taking a smart guess comes in handy,
because we cannot double the 180, or we would go far over the specified 200
watts. Instead, we look at the difference between what we now have (180
watts) and were we need to be (200 watts).  All we need is a small change
to add to our existing 9 dB.  Remembering that it would take 3 dB to turn
the 180 watts into 360 watts, we decide to simply look for the answer with
only 1 dB additional, and that is answer A: 10 dB.  We have just gotten
another question correct using no complicated formulas - only simple mental
math!

Please e-mail handiham@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx to comment.
*
------------------------------
This week @ HQThe May
DAISY<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DAISY_Digital_Talking_Book>digest
for our blind members is ready for use. More May audio has been
added this week. *

   - Our thanks to Bob, N1BLF, Jim, KJ3P, and Ken, W9MJY, for reading this
   month.  Look for these DAISY materials in the members section.
<http://handiham.org/drupal2/user>
   - Members on the Friday Notify mailing list will receive the link.

*New! The Icom IC-706M2G manual read by volunteer Lyle Koehler, K0LR, will
appear by Friday in the manuals section in DAISY format. As with our other
DAISY offerings, the book is in a single zip file that may be downloaded
and unzipped to your computer for transfer to an NLS player or other
compatible DAISY reading device. Radio Camp application packets are still
available.  *

*Some of you have asked if we changed locations for the radio camp this
year.  The answer is no, we are still at Camp Courage on Cedar Lake.  The
confusion came about because the camp's physical address is "Maple Lake,
MN", but the camp is not on Maple Lake.  It is on nearby Cedar Lake. There
are so many lakes in Minnesota that it is easy to get confused, but it is
also easy to find a nearby lake for water recreation!  *

2013 camp dates call for arrival on July 28 and departure on August 2.  We
have confirmed that we will offer our campers who pass Technician at camp
brand-new handheld radios. Radio camp will emphasize ham radio fun and
getting on the air.

We will feature:

   - Technician beginner small group class - Get your first license and get
   on the air!
   - General Class study group for those who need a quick review before
   taking the General exam.
   - Extra Class study group for those who need a quick review before
   taking the Extra exam.
   - VE session conducted by SARA, the Stillwater (MN) Amateur Radio
   Association, on Thursday, August 1, at 1:30 PM.
   - Operating Skills small group get on the air sessions and discussions
   - ARRL update - What's new at ARRL.
   - Extra Class seminar for those with Extra Class licenses who want to
   participate in more advanced technical projects and discussions
   - Several stations to operate, including maritime mobile on the camp
   pontoon boat with Cap'n Bill, N0CIC
   - Sailing with Skipper Bill, K9BV
   - Handiham Radio Club meeting and elections
   - Dining in the nearby newly-remodeled Woodland dining hall.
   - Fun in the sun during Minnesota's excellent summer season - at Camp
   Courage on beautiful Cedar Lake!

For a Radio Camp application, email Nancy at hamradio@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx or
call her at 763-520-0512.

*Handiham net information and news: *The official and most current net news
may be found at:
http://www.handiham.org/nets

*Digital mailers are important: *If you do mail a digital cartridge to us,
please be sure that it is an approved free matter mailer. Otherwise it will
quickly cost us several dollars to package and mail out, which is more than
the cost of the mailer in the first place. We don't have a stock of
cartridges or mailers and not including a mailer will result in a long
delay getting your request back out to you.

*DAISY audio digests are available for our blind members who do not have
computers*, playable in your Library of Congress digital player.  Handiham
matter postal mail.  Your callsign should be on both the cartridge and the
Inc. <http://www.aph.org/>

Digital Talking Book Cartridge Catalog Number: 1-02610-00, Price: $12.00

Digital Talking Book Cartridge Mailer Catalog Number: 1-02611-00, Price:
$2.50

Order Toll-Free: (800) 223-1839.

The Library of Congress NLS has a list of vendors for the digital
cartridges:
http://www.loc.gov/nls/cartridges/index.html

Get it all on line as an alternative:  Visit the DAISY section on the
Handiham website after logging in.
*
------------------------------
Stay in touch

[image: Cartoon robot with cordless phone]

email address changes so that we can continue to stay in touch with you.
You may either email Nancy at hamradio@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx or call her at
763-520-0512.  If you need to use the toll-free number, call
1-866-426-3442.

Handiham Manager Patrick Tice, WA0TDA, may be reached at
handiham@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx or by phone at 763-520-0511.

us provide services to people with disabilities.

Get the Handiham E-Letter by email every Wednesday, and stay up-to-date
with ham radio news.

You may listen in audio to the E-Letter at Handiham Weekly E-Letter in MP3
format <http://handiham.org/audio/handiham.mp3>
Email us to subscribe:
hamradio@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Pat, WA0TDA
Manager, Courage Handiham System
Reach me by email at:
handiham@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Nancy, Handiham Secretary:
hamradio@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

fill out the paperwork!

handiham@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx  for changes of address, unsubscribes, etc.
Include your old email address and your new address.
Return to Handiham.org <http://handiham.org/>
*