[handiham-world] Courage Kenny Handiham World Weekly E-Letter for the week of Wednesday, 27 November 2013

  • From: "Patrick Tice" <wa0tda@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <handiham-world@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 27 Nov 2013 13:16:24 -0600

Courage Kenny Handiham World Weekly E-Letter for the week of Wednesday, 27
November 2013

Courage Kenny Handiham System. Our contact information is at the end, or
simply email handiham@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx for changes in subscriptions or to
comment. You can listen to this news online.

MP3 audio:
 <http://www.handiham.org/audio/handiham.mp3>

What you don't see

Microphone & eyeglasses (drawing)

Blind?  What do you miss in special-format publications designed for blind
readers?

In this edition of your weekly Handiham World we are taking some time to
review a part of some of the amateur radio magazines that many of our
members are never able to access. Sure, you can read articles when they are
made available in DAISY from the Library of Congress National Library
Service, and that is a wonderful service indeed. In fact, when the December
magazines come out, there is no way for our members to know what might be
showing up in the display advertising. Postal regulations do not allow free
matter content to include any advertisements, only articles. This leaves our
members with a somewhat incomplete experience. I'm basing my conclusion
about this on the fact that I and most everyone else I know spend plenty of
time looking at the display ads to see what is new in Amateur Radio
technology and services. You can't always depend upon any publication to
review new radio equipment at the same time that it is first being offered
to the public via display advertisements. If you have ever had the
experience of talking on the air or at a radio club meeting with your fellow
ham radio operators and being surprised to hear about some innovative new
technology, you can get a feeling for what we are talking about here. If you
depend on NLS DAISY downloads or cartridges, you will have no idea what is
going on in display advertising within any of the usual Amateur Radio
publications unless someone who can see the display ads fills you in.

Now, I want to make it clear that we don't take any advertising ourselves
nor does this edition of your Handiham World contain any ads. What I am
going to do is simply look through the December QST and the November CQ and
produce a short narrative of what I am seeing that seems worthy of
mentioning. It is up to you to figure out how to access any manufacturer's
website or your favorite ham radio dealer if you want to find out more,
since we don't sell anything ourselves and heaven knows we are not "tech
support" for every radio, gadget, and service that you might find out about
in these publications. What I hope to do is give you an idea what is going
on in a somewhat general way so that you can follow up on the things that
catch your interest.

Taking a look at QST, we see a 2 m/70 cm dual band mobile radio that looks
new to me: the Yaesu FTM-400DR. This radio is touted as having "CF4M" and a
full color touch panel. I had never heard of C4FM before, and it looks to me
like there is a digital group monitor function that automatically checks
whether members registered to a specific group are within communication
range, and if they are messages (data) can be sent between group members.
There is a built-in GPS and a microSD card slot. There is also a
mind-boggling feature I'd never thought I'd see in a radio: a "snapshot
function" and image data transmission. This means that you can display an
image on the color screen and choose to send the image to other transceivers
equipped with this same technology. I wondered how they would pull this off
in a mobile radio, but when I look closely there is a camera lens in the
very top of the mobile microphone, so presumably you point and shoot to get
the best picture with the microphone! The microphone itself does not have
the typical arrangement of telephone-style keypad buttons that you and I are
probably used to. Instead there are only two buttons, the first of which is
a "shutter button" for the camera function and the second of which is the
image transmission button. The radio is also wideband receive above 108 MHz,
meaning that it will cover VHF Marine, aircraft, and many public service
channels including the usual National Weather Service channels. It will not
cover the FM broadcast band. Some of our Handiham members may be interested
in an optional wireless BluetoothR unit and headset for hands-free
operation.

Yaesu also shows a black and silver version of a new HT equipped with the
same C4FM technology and similar features, including the built-in GPS,
snapshot function and image data transmission capability. It looks to me as
if the HT does include the traditional numeric keypad on the lower third of
the front panel. The model number is FT1DR. There is no color touch screen
on the HT models and I have to say they look very similar to other small
Yaesu handheld radios that have preceded them in the model lineup. I should
also mention that the HT does have a microSD card slot.

As we continue to page through QST, we find the FlexRadio SystemsT folks
telling us about the Flex-6000 signature series. Their booth is close to
ours at Dayton, and I've always been impressed with the amount of interest
generated by their display and knowledgeable staff. There is a new
"SmartSDRT" interface, and something called "optional GPS disciplined master
oscillator". I'm thinking that feature probably enhances stability where
extreme stability is called for, but don't quote me! The most interesting
thing I see here is the suggestion that you can check into a net while
chasing a DXpedition and still watching a propagation beacon. In other
words, this brings HF comes to the realm of multi-channel reception, which I
gather is done by actually listening to one frequency while seeing a stream
or streams for the other frequencies in which you are interested scrolling
their waveforms across your computer monitor.

Not everything is high-tech, though. The "Go-Bag Deluxe" caught my attention
in the High Sierra ad. It's basically a nylon carry bag with lots of pockets
that are the right size for the typical kinds of things you would want to
put in a go-kit for ham radio public service work. One of the things I have
always found challenging in my own packing has been keeping things sorted
out, which is why having a lot of dedicated individual pockets in the bag
sounds like a good idea to me.

Turning pages, I find the same familiar Kenwood TF-F6A tri-band HT in a
display ad toward the end of the magazine, but now it includes a QR code to
scan with a smart phone so that you can get the brochure for the radio. I
mention this ad because it says to me that Kenwood is still selling and
supporting this very popular blind-friendly tri-band transceiver. Believe it
or not, it is still the one that I recommend when people ask me about blind
friendly portable radios. I'm glad to see that it is still enjoying status
as a current model. As most of you know, there is plenty of support in the
blind community for this radio and there are a number of good audio training
resources on how to use it.

I also see an ad for RemoteHamRadio.com, which is a subscription service to
an excellent remote radio feeding top-notch antennas. The user interface is
an Elecraft K3, which is important to users who want the "feel" of a real
radio sitting in front of them on the desk rather than a computer screen.
Elecraft also has a separate ad telling us about the popular K3.

Icom has a page called "Buy-Direct", promoting its D-Star infrastructure
program that includes the kind of equipment one would use to get a D-Star
repeater system on the air.

Our low-vision readers and listeners might be interested in an MFJ "giant"
6.5 inch SWR/watt meter, one of many MFJ products listed on several pages of

Software is a common part of every ham radio shack these days, and rig
control is a popular software category. Ham Radio Deluxe is now owned by HRD
Software LLC, and is available as a download or from retailers. In the QST
display ad it mentions that the popular software has been reviewed in the
August 2013 QST. From what I have heard, the tech support on HRD is
excellent. Although I have not tried the newest version myself, the older
version 5 is a good program for controlling my own station, so the new
version is definitely on my wish list. I use mine to remote control my ICOM
IC-7200 over the Internet, even though I might just be sitting on the couch
upstairs instead of at the radio in my basement ham shack. One notable
feature of HRD is its ability to turn any connected radio into a frequency
speaking radio, no voice chip necessary. However, be warned that this does
not necessarily make the software blind-friendly, so we would like to hear
from an actual blind user who is able to find their way around it using a
screen reader. That said, Handiham members with mobility impairments may
find the software interface afforded by HRD easier to use than the actual
front panel of a radio, and the software is among the best I have ever seen
for full-featured rig control. I also use it when sitting directly at the
radio and actually sometimes prefer it to manipulating the radio controls
directly. In any case, I was pleased to see the display ad for this
excellent software in QST.

Another place software does the job is in callsign lookup. Radio Amateur
Callbook Winter 2014 has an ad announcing the availability of this latest
edition on CD and USB stick. I may live a sheltered life, but this is the
first ad I have seen featuring amateur radio software on a USB stick, which
I suspect is a better way to deliver this product than an all-too-breakable
compact disc.

Turning to WRO, Worldradio Online, the most unusual product I've seen in a
display ad is a "Rugged Waterproof All Weather Amateur Radio Logbook" on
tear-resistant synthetic paper. I don't know if they sell anywhere else but
waterprooflogbooks.com. I've never thought about having a waterproof
logbook, but I have to say that this is the sort of thing that might
actually survive portable operation under some really adverse conditions.
Earlier this month we had a presentation at my local radio club about
putting previously unlisted islands on the air. While attending that
presentation I couldn't help but wondering how difficult it would be to keep
a good logbook under such conditions as I saw in some of the slides. Most of
these places require some serious planning to get to via boat, and boats
float in water, and water is bad for logbooks.

Next, CQ Magazine yields an LDG ad telling us about a tuner I hadn't known
about, the RT-100, which turns out to be a weatherproof antenna tuner
designed to be placed near the feedpoint of the antenna instead of in the
ham shack next to your transmitter. The reason this is such a good idea is
that you can eliminate a great deal of loss in the feedline by effectively
turning most of it into a well-matched system. When you place your antenna
tuner next to the radio and then run a long length of feedline to an antenna
system with a high standing wave ratio, there is no way to avoid significant
loss in the mismatched cable. This is true even if the SWR meter on your
radio is happy after you run your auto tuner. I can't believe I didn't know
about this new product from LDG because like LDG antenna tuners and own two
of them myself. We also use LDG tuners on both remote base HF stations
available to Handiham members.

Continuing our expedition through CQ we find the Kenwood TS-990S
top-of-the-line HF and 50 MHz transceiver. Although I have seen this radio
"in person" at Dayton Hamvention, when I take time to look at the ad I
actually see a few things that I hadn't known about the radio. For example,
I did expect it to have a USB port to make interfacing easy, but the text of
the ad also explains that serial and LAN ports are also standard. The
ARCP-990 rig control software (free download from Kenwood) is also
mentioned. I guess I hadn't really thought about it when I saw the radio at
Dayton, but it is a 200 W rig, variable between five and 200 Watts. This ad,
like the previous one I mentioned on the TH-F6A, also features a QR code for
smart phone users to quickly download a brochure. While playing around with
the demonstration model at Dayton, I noted that the rig's speech was
enabled. One thing for our blind members to chew on is the fact that the
VGS1 voice module that works so well in the TM-V71A, TS-480SAT, TS-480HX,
and TS-590S is not available for this radio, and that's because it is
built-in. In fact, a quick trip to the Universal Radio website shows the
only accessories listed are the venerable MC-60A microphone, the
DSP-compatible MC-90 microphone, and the SP-990 external speaker. That's it!
I guess this pretty much says the TS-990S comes pretty well loaded right
from the factory.

Array Solutions also has a display ad in CQ, and they mention that they are
now offering fully automatic remote antenna tuners from "RF Communication
Electronics" in Germany. As much as I like antennas and am interested in
antenna tuners, I had not known about these new remote antenna tuners,
either.

Bencher Butternut has a vertical ad running down one side of a page in CQ,
and that is appropriate because they are selling an old favorite (certainly
one of mine) - Butternut vertical antennas. A few page turns and we find
SteppIR, which also fields a selection of vertical and Yagi antennas.

Another CQ vendor is Gordon West, WB6NOA, and the W5YI Group, notable as
especially interesting to our blind members for the offering of Technician,
General, and Extra Class audio courses on compact disc.

I guess I could probably spend all day and continue to find more stuff to
share from these publications, but I just wanted to give you a taste of what
shows up in the display ads. There are plenty of blind hams whose only
access to these publications does not include advertisements. Of course
these days we have access to powerful search engines like Google, Bing, and
Yahoo and can find details on many products and services using a web browser
along with a screen reading program, but there is still just something
compelling about those display ads and one's voyage of discovery as you page
through an amateur radio publication!

Resource: On line product reviews from QST
<http://www.arrl.org/product-review>

As a long-time ARRL member, I couldn't imagine being without QST Product
Reviews.  In fact, the ARRL website explains, "The most popular column in
QST is the product review column."

You may not be able to see the display ads, but you can read the product
reviews for in-depth analysis of a wide array of radios and accessories.
There are new reviews each month, and they are then archived on ARRL.org,
available any time as an ARRL member service. Products are tested and
explained in the product review process conducted by the ARRL Laboratory.
<http://www.arrl.org/mission-statement>  Reviews can be sorted to your
needs, such as by issue of QST or by manufacturer. The Product Review
archive is a treasure for ARRL members, because it has reviews on rigs that
are now considered vintage as well as the very latest new technology.  I
know that some of you are going to ask about blind accessibility.  The
reviews are in Adobe PDF format.  Accessibility in PDF depends on the
availability of embedded text.  In general, you will find that once magazine
composition moved into the computer age, PDF files began to contain embedded
text.  Older articles are scans of printed pages and although they are in
PDF, the files are basically inaccessible images without any embedded text.
Putting this to the test, we find that the original product review for the
Kenwood TS-530S (March 1982) transceiver is an image-only file while the
much newer review for the Kenwood TS-570S (May 1999) does contain accessible
embedded text.

Screenshot of embedded text, selected by clicking and dragging mouse.

Screenshot:  To determine if an article contains embedded text, try clicking
at the beginning of a paragraph, then hold the mouse button down and move
the cursor down to the lower left to select the text. If the selection
follows the words and does not extend out into the blank space between
columns, the article contains embedded text.  Screenreader users will be
able to read the article.

.         Tip:  To access the product reviews, log in to the ARRL website
with your ARRL membership credentials.  If you are not yet an ARRL member
and need assistance figuring out how to join, please contact the Handiham
office and talk with Nancy, who can help.

WA0CAF likes a blog post on an iPhone app:

The article is entitled "The Tap Tap Saga: My Take", and it appears on "A
Blind Man's Journey" blog.  It is interesting because it is his take on why
an app that was free at first is now a pay-for service. Check it out; find
out where you come down on this issue.

*       The Tap Tap Saga: My
<http://blindtravelblog.wordpress.com/2013/11/09/the-tap-tap-saga-my-take/>
Take

From the Minnesota ARRL Section News:  Where to find new club members (Good
advice no matter where your club is.)

Fall is a good time to search out hidden hams in your community as
prospective members of your club.  There are several ways to locate hams in
your area but one interesting way is through the following website:

*       http://hams.mapmash.com/hammap.php

Enter the Zip Codes of interest and the site tells you the number of
licensed hams in that zip code.  Click on the Zip Code again and you will
see a list of all the licensees in the Zip Code.  Click on each licensee and
you will get the name and address of that ham along with a map of his or her
location.  I know there are many different database tools that are
available, so if you have a favorite, by all means use it. But, the point
is, don't just sit there and expect hams to just find their way into your
club meeting room.  Send prospective members an email or letter of
invitation to your next meeting, give them the URL to your club web site,
and include a club roster.  Chances are they already know some of your club
members and would welcome the chance to get reacquainted with old friends.

Your Club Coordinator or your section manager can also arrange to send you
the list of new licenses and upgrades as they become available from HQ each
month.  You will need to sift through this list for the people in your area
but it is available.

73 - Frank Karnauskas N1UW
MN Section Affiliated Club Coordinator

Holiday Giving for Our Program

Horn of plenty with fruit and handheld radio

You value ham radio and know what it means to be able to get on the air.
From offering our accessible on line licensing classes and tutorials, radio
camps and equipment assistance, to our Internet HF remote base stations, the
Handiham program works hard to make the experience in amateur radio the best
it can be!  For forty-six years, our Handiham program has relied heavily on
philanthropic support to stay current and available to as many people as
possible. We need your help this winter to keep the program strong.  Will
you consider making a gift today?

*       Giving is easy by clicking this link:
www.couragecenter.org/GiveToday

To make a credit card gift call 763-520-0542. When giving online, make sure
to select the Handiham designation option to ensure your dollars support the
program.

Thank for you supporting ham radio this holiday season.

  _____

Practical Radio

pliers and wire

What's the best way to store data?

That's a good question these days.  What kind of data?  Log files from Ham
Radio Deluxe or your other logging program?  Copies of your club
newsletters?  Photos and videos?  Audio books or recordings?  Backups of
your radio databases?  Engineering data from the project you are designing?

A few years ago I would have suggested recordable DVDs.  Before that,
compact disks.  Or perhaps adding an extra fixed disk drive to your
computer.

Now, I'm not so sure.

The thing is, there are lots more choices.  Some of them have dependencies,
such as so-called "cloud" storage.  Others are highly portable but easily
forgotten, like USB memory sticks. DVDs and CDs may still work, but the
necessary drives are quickly becoming scarce in new portable computers and
tablets.  Even USB sticks are sometimes nonstarters for tablet and
smartphone users.

A barometer to watch is music and video consumption.  I'm talking about the
way these media are used by the consumer.  No matter what we might find most
appropriate for other data, music and video drive the market, and the trend
is to download or stream, with cloud storage on a remote server doing the
heavy lifting, so to speak. It's been a long time since I've fired up my DVD
player in the family room, and the reason is that we just stream videos
these days. Music is the same way - I prefer streaming it whenever possible,
so it's much more likely that I'll use a cloud service before I dig through
my collection of music CDs.  Streaming has overtaken physical media because
high speed internet is much more readily available and streaming is way more
convenient.

Ten years ago I would have stored archived files on CDs and DVDs, but today
I live in a new world where cloud storage plays a larger role in my data
management.  Why should I maintain several copies of a logging program file
when I can have one copy on Microsoft SkyDrive, accessible from any of my
computers?  Who wants logging files that don't match each other spread all
over the place?  Why wouldn't I want to collaborate with my fellow radio
club members on projects stored in a Dropbox folder or a Google Drive
folder?  Sure, I periodically move my digital photos off my smartphone using
a USB cable, but the Android system has already backed it up on Google Plus
within minutes of the phone reaching my personal Wi-Fi internet as I walk in
the door.  My son Will, KC0LJL, uses an on line backup service for his
files.  At work everything is backed up automatically and securely.

With apps for Apple and Android devices as well as computers, QST, CQ, and
WRO now live in the cloud. It's no longer necessary to keep boxes of old
print magazines in your basement in case you want to find an article on
left-handed coil winding someday.

The cloud has finally achieved the more or less inevitable conclusion of
data storage.  It's reduced it to nothing - as far as the end user
experience goes.  You don't need a hard drive or a pocket full of easily
misplaced USB sticks or a shelf full of CDs.  All you need is the device to
download and decode - and those are getting smaller and smarter by the day.
The other killer feature of cloud storage is your ability to search for
things and locate them in seconds instead of hours or days, as you might
with physical media stored in boxes on a shelf.

Do you still have a few of those old 5-1/4 inch floppy disks around?  The
kind that really were floppy?  How about 3.5 inch floppies in the hard
plastic cases?  Most devices these days won't accommodate those old media at
all.  You might as well throw them out.  Technology creep is turning your
physical media into ancient history, and you could one day find yourself
with a library of VHS videotapes and no working VHS player!

But beware of cloud storage too - Not that you shouldn't use it, but simply
be aware that it has its own weaknesses.  It could be hacked or become
unavailable when you need it because of its dependency on internet access.
It could disappear altogether if the company running it decides to pull the
plug.  It may be wise to remember the old adage about not keeping all your
eggs in one basket.  Use the cloud, but keep another copy of things that are
really important.

This is practical radio.  Use what works for you.

If there is no net control station during any scheduled net time, just go
right ahead and start a round table discussion.

Thanksgiving holiday schedule

As with any holiday, the Thanksgiving holiday is one where family plans take
priority over scheduled ham radio activities.  We don't ask our net control
volunteers to show up to run the net on these special days, but we do
realize that our Handiham nets do tie us all together in another kind of
family - a community of friends.  That means it can still be fun to get on
the air and visit, and we can easily do that at net time even if there is no
formal net control station.  You or someone else can take the reins and act
as NCS if you want, or you can all be part of a round table discussion
without a net control. Remember to always keep things in perspective:
Family first!

And speaking of thanks...

Reaching for the stars - cartoon guy

...what would we do without our volunteers?  Net controls, readers, people
who maintain our stations, teachers of our classes - both on line and at
radio camps, those who help us with computers and software - we couldn't do
it without you!  Thank you so much to all of our wonderful volunteers!

TMV71A transceiver

all of our net control stations!  What will Doug, N6NFF, come up with for
his trivia question tonight? Tune in and see how you do with the question
this week, or just check in to say hello.

We maintain our nets at 11:00 hours daily relative to Minnesota time.  Since
the nets remain true to Minnesota time, the difference between Minnesota
time and GMT is -6 hours.  The net is on the air at 17:00 hours GMT.

The two evening sessions are at 01:00 GMT Thursday and Friday.  Here in
Minnesota that translates to 7:00 PM Wednesday and Thursday.

The official and most current net news may be found at:
<http://www.handiham.org/nets>

Pat shows off his new Plantronics USB headset!

It's time to test our knowledge by taking a dip in the pool - the Amateur
Radio question pool, that is!

Let's go to the Extra Class pool and examine a question about DX:

E2C05 asks, "What is the function of a DX QSL Manager?

Possible answers are:

A. To allocate frequencies for DXpeditions
B. To handle the receiving and sending of confirmation cards for a DX
station
C. To run a net to allow many stations to contact a rare DX station
D. To relay calls to and from a DX station

By the time you are studying for your Extra, you certainly know that the
correct choice is B: To handle the receiving and sending of confirmation
cards for a DX station.  But the reason we're looking at this question today
is that logging is in the cloud with ARRL's Logbook of the World.  Sure, you
may want a physical QSL card, but these days a contact can be confirmed much
more quickly and efficiently through this excellent cloud service.

*       Check out Logbook of the World (LoTW for short.)
<http://www.arrl.org/logbook-of-the-world>

Cartoon robot with pencil

The Handiham office is closed for a long Thanksgiving holiday weekend on
Thursday and Friday, November 28 and 29 2013.  We reopen on Monday December
2.

.         Our office is closed on Fridays through the end of the year.  This
tends to be a low usage time for Handiham services because of the holidays,
and that makes it perfect for burning off some accumulated vacation time.

New web design software

*       Microsoft Expression Web 4 is now in use to produce this newsletter.
Please let us know if there is anything that is not accessible or that is
improperly formatted.

Digests

*       CQ DAISY digest for November is now available after the print issue
arrived very late.  I will have it posted for your weekend reading later
today if possible.
*       ARRL has published the December QST on line for ARRL members. The
National Library Service is back on schedule for the DAISY version.
*       Worldradio Online for November has been completed by Bob Zeida,
N1BLF.  Thanks, Bob!
*       QCWA Journal audio for November is in the members section and also
be available from the QCWA website.
*       QST digest audio for November is now available in DAISY for our
Handiham members.
*       Jim Perry, KJ3P, Bob Zeida, N1BLF, and Ken Padgitt, W9MJY have
kindly done the volunteer recording.

Remote Base News

W0EQO station in the server room at Courage North.

Both Handiham Remote Base internet stations W0ZSW and W0EQO are on line for
your use through the holiday weekend.

*       If you use Skype for audio, please connect and disconnect the Skype
call to the remote base manually.  The automatic calling and hang up is no
longer supported in Skype.
*       The LDG AT200Pro is back in service at W0ZSW after our run of
testing with the AT1000Pro2.
*       200 watt operation is restored on 160, 80, and 40 meters for Extra
and Advanced Class users on W0ZSW.

.         Outages: Outages are reported on
http://handiham.org/remotebase/station-status/.

Operating tip:  Find out how to tell if the remote base station is already
in use if you are using JAWS:

*       Listen to the tutorial:
http://www.handiham.org/audio/remotebase/W4MQ_status_JAWS.mp3
*       Read the tutorial in accessible HTML:
http://handiham.org/remotebase/2013/03/05/check-station-status-with-jaws-13-
or-14/

Pat holding up NLS digital cartridge and mailer
Don't care to download Handiham materials via computer? This digital
cartridge and mailer can bring you Handiham audio digests each month, plus
we have room to put the audio lecture series or equipment tutorials on them,
too!

*       If you have trouble logging in, please let us know.
*       All Daisy materials are in zip file format, so you simply download
the zip file you need and unzip it so the Daisy book folder can be accessed
or moved to your NLS or other Daisy player.
*       Tip: When in the Daisy directory, it is easy to find the latest
books by sorting the files by date. Be sure the latest date is at the top.
The link to sort is called "Last Modified".
*       You can also find what is on a web page by using CONTROL-F.  This
brings up a search box and you can type a key word in, such as "September".
You may find more than one September, including 2012, but you will
eventually come across what we have posted for September 2013.

*       Our thanks to Bob, N1BLF, Jim, KJ3P, and Ken, W9MJY, for reading
this month.  Look for these DAISY materials in the members section.
<http://handiham.org/drupal2/user>

Digital mailers are important: If you do mail a digital cartridge to us,
cartridges or mailers and not including a mailer will result in a long delay
getting your request back out to you.

DAISY audio digests are available for our blind members who do not have
computers, playable in your Library of Congress digital player.  Handiham
matter postal mail.  Your call sign should be on both the cartridge and the
Inc. <http://www.aph.org>

Digital Talking Book Cartridge, 4GB, Blank; Catalog Number: 1-02609-00,
Price $13.00

cartridges:  <http://www.loc.gov/nls/cartridges/index.html>

Cartoon robot with cordless phone

email address changes so that we can continue to stay in touch with you. You
may either email Nancy at hamradio@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx or call her at
763-520-0512.  If you need to use the toll-free number, call 1-866-426-3442.

Handiham Program Coordinator Patrick Tice, WA0TDA, may be reached at

The Courage Kenny Handiham Program depends on the support of people like
you, who want to share the fun and friendship of ham radio with others.
Please help us provide services to people with disabilities.

format <http://handiham.org/audio/handiham.mp3>

handiham@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx