[haikuware-tya] Candidates for 12th TYA

  • From: Humdinger <humdingerb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 18 Jul 2009 15:35:33 +0200

Hi there,

Here are my candidates for the next TYA, 1st of August:

Christian Packmann - Christian.Packmann@xxxxxx
His SIMD optimization for bilinear filtering in the app_server enables for example smooth resizing of HD movies in MediaPlayer without maxing out the CPU.

Troeglazov Gerasim "3dEyes" - 3dEyes@xxxxxxxxx , threedeyes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (not sure about the mail address) Updated NTFS-3g Library to a stable 2009.4.4 version and enables write support for better filesystem support of Windows.

Oliver Tappe "zooey" - zooey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Established "wchar_t support". I'm not totally sure what exactly that means, but from the commit traffic it was an awful lot of work and everyone seems to happy as it helps with porting apps and also with localization efforts, if I understand that correctly.

François Revol "mmu_man" - revol@xxxxxxx
Organized Haiku's presence once more at the RMLL conference and there educated other free software enthusiasts about Haiku in general and the port to the ARM platform especially.

I'm afraid that it from me this time. Esp. 3dEyes seems to be notoriously difficult to get a hold of... If you can't reach him, maybe you try fyysik (sd@xxxxxxx) who knows him AFAIK.

Regards,
Humdinger

Deutsche Haiku News @ http://www.haiku-gazette.de