[openbeos] Re: x86 boot loader milestone

  • From: Michael Phipps <mphipps1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2004 13:58:58 -0400

This is too funny. I am working on exactly this same thing! :-)

What I was thinking was that I would make a ram disk and mount home as the ram
disk. And turn off VM. Certain critical things (preferences) would be copied
back to the CF. So far, it does boot pretty fast. The next step was/is to
investigate LinuxBIOS to see if we could boot with that. :-)

Michael