[openbeos] Re: x86 boot loader milestone

  • From: Michael Phipps <mphipps1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2004 14:51:05 -0400

Jared -

In my case, there are a number of reasons.
1) It is an embedded system. I don't need a HD - I need about 200 meg of
storage (BeOS plus a couple of apps).
2) CF is small and lightweight. Nice for small form factor machines.
3) CF is silent.
4) CF is significantly faster for cases with seeking. Booting your machine is
seek intensive. With CF it is a lot faster. I won't show the numbers until I
have a boot sequence that I am happy with (with drivers and all), but, well,
get your catsup ready. :-D

Michael