[openbeos] Re: www.openbeos.org

  • From: Isaac Yonemoto <ityonemo@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 28 Jul 2002 13:44:02 -0500 (CDT)

> Here's a thought for people to ponder: why is it
> that no special authorization is required to have
> net access, but even low-power FM hertzian stuff
> needs a license, as well as amateur radio (at least
> where I live).

Because radio tech has been around a hell of a lot longer. Net (for
most) has been around for no more than say... 10 years or so, in the first
few years of radio, must have been pretty unregulated.  The FCC started in
1934, full 40 or so years after marconi invented the radio.  So, probably,
there will be an internet-regulating commission pretty soon.  I can't say
that I'm looking forward to that.

Isaac