[openbeos] Re: windows & workspaces

  • From: Linus Almstrom <linalm-7@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 03 Aug 2002 14:10:22 +0200

On 2002-08-02 at 20:57:42 [+0200], openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Okay, this is silly.  We definately need to make it so that in BeOS, if
> an app is on multiple workspaces, it gets one location only; essentially
> you could just treat it like a single-window app that simply gets moved
> to whatever workspace the user changes to.  Or maybe there's an even more
> logical way..dunno.

I have to agree with Axel on this. I definetely don't want to restrict the
applications to ONLY have the possibility to have the same location in
every workspace. It just seems stupid to me. However... A flag that
can be easily set, either in the application itself or using hey, is a
better solution. This is R2 stuff, though, but so is changing the
whole concept of that windows only can have one location.

I for one want to have windows at different location in different
workspaces.

Regards

/Procton