[openbeos] Re: wget failed: Temporary failure in name resolution?

  • From: "Axel Dörfler" <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2007 17:22:35 +0100 (MET)

Al Elias <al@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I seem to be getting the same error whatever I try to do with wget.
> Is
> it likely that I am not seeting the interface correctly.
> I'm currently set up using 'ifconfig' and 'route add' with the
> appropriate settings from my isp (as in Axels mini how to). I am
> obviously missing something crucially important, I just don't know
> what
> it is. Can someone point me in the right direction.

Can you ping the host? Can you use ftp?
In any way, TCP is still pretty flaky currently. While downloading GCC
with wget, I needed to restart it every 300 to 600 kB; OTOH I could
download Firefox with NetPositive in one go. I haven't yet investigated
this, so maybe you just need a little more patience until it doesn't
have any hickups any more.

Bye,
   Axel.