[openbeos] Re: website news: Registrar: Milestone 2 of 4

  • From: Erik Jaesler <erik@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 01 Oct 2002 15:07:32 -0700

François Revol wrote:

En réponse à Erik Jaesler <erik@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
Generally speaking, it's safe to say that only the simplest things from
Dano are being considered by anyone; R5 presented a sizeable enough challenge all by itself. ;)

Yeah I know :p Just saying when we come to this we should consider using the existing API, even from R5.1, of course checking if it's not flawed before :)

There are certainly a number of compelling new features and APIs in Dano that we would do well to implement in R2. =)

I'd say also this pair looks interesting in Drivers.h:
extern _EXPORT void                     wake_driver(void);
extern _EXPORT void                     suspend_driver(void);

(although I'd have added a flag to suspend_driver to add infos
(and maybe get back failure/success/B_DONT_SUSPEND_I_AM_DOING_SOMETHING_URGENT status),
as ACPI/APM is something we will have to look into anyway.

Mmmm ... laptop support ... ;)