[openbeos] Re: website news: Registrar: Milestone 2 of 4

  • From: François Revol <revol@xxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 01 Oct 2002 23:39:37 +0200 (MEST)

En réponse à Erik Jaesler <erik@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

> When you say "R5.1", do you mean "Dano"?  Either way, while
> B_SOME_WINDOW_ACTIVATED *might* get added in R1 (try suggesting this
> again when we're actually activating our own windows ;),
> BWindow::ClipWindowToPicture() is strictly R2.  Doing non-rectangular
> windows is anything but trivial.
>
> Generally speaking, it's safe to say that only the simplest things from
>
> Dano are being considered by anyone; R5 presented a sizeable enough
> challenge all by itself. ;)

Yeah I know :p
Just saying when we come to this we should consider using the existing API,
even from R5.1, of course checking if it's not flawed before :)

I'd say also this pair looks interesting in Drivers.h:
extern _EXPORT void                     wake_driver(void);
extern _EXPORT void                     suspend_driver(void);

(although I'd have added a flag to suspend_driver to add infos
(and maybe get back
failure/success/B_DONT_SUSPEND_I_AM_DOING_SOMETHING_URGENT status),
as ACPI/APM is something we will have to look into anyway.

But yeah, better have something working before :)

François.