[openbeos] website is (nearly) back...

  • From: Michael Phipps <mphipps1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2005 21:39:26 -0500

OK - here is the situation.

As many of you know, we purchased hosting through site5 (who have been awesome
through this). We had a lot of trouble getting the backups from the old server
due to the circumstances of the crash and the fairly large file size.

In any case, it is now mostly up. There are a few things broken:

1) The automagic redirect from haiku-os.org to haiku-os.org/learn.php. You will
have to enter http://www.haiku-os.org/learn.php in order to see the site. This
will, of course, be fixed.

2) The forums are not up. I don't believe that any data from the forums was
lost, but they are not configured right. And, honestly, I don't know how to do
it, since I didn't set it up. Kurtis should be able to fix this within a few
days.

As a result of 2, a few features of the site (like suggestion box, etc) do not
currently work. I went to most of the other pages, though, and everything seems
to be OK. So go check it out and let me know if anything else seems broken.

We will get the other couple things fixed shortly.

Michael