[openbeos] Re: way to go on waltercon ... linuxworld

  • From: Stephan Assmus <superstippi@xxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2007 12:18:41 +0200

Hello Michael,

I can absolutely understand your frustration. We talked about the issue
yesterday on the admin meeting, and I was actually under the impression,
that everyone who registered would be contacted before anything was
announced. Specifically because of the airline tickets issue.

I am neither attending Waltercon, nor am I helping in organizing it, so it
is really not up to me. But I think everyone involved should talk it over
to see wether it doesn't make sense after all to still do the meeting.
Yesterday it looked like it would be only 3 people in total, I thought
including Michael Phipps and Darkwyrm. But you make it sound like there
would be more people after all. And you could all still have a great time
together in San Francisco. We are about to do the same in Switzerland with
only a handful of people. It doesn't have to be such an official event when
that doesn't make much sense. Just having a great time together is enough,
especially if it prevents this sort of disappointment.

Best regards,
-Stephan