[openbeos] Re: walter / new name

  • From: Kris van der Ven <kjvdven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 08 Nov 2002 12:54:57 +0100

I read that you guys get a lot of bitching lately, I must say the only bitching I have, is that I don't have the skills to help you guys out :S

Checking you're site has become a every day returning event, sometimes more. Since somebody gave me, the Pro edition of BeOS, he wasn't going to use anymore, I started to love the OS again. I made the effort to make it run on my Athlon XP, it was easy when done :D

I think you guys do a great job, on a great project.

Greetings Kris

p.s. while you guys are @ it, could you port Photoshop ;) *lol* *kidding*

At 09:27 8-11-2002 -0400, you wrote:

"Sikosis" <beos@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> said:

> if openbeos is going to be called walter ... ill bailing.

How about calling it Mystzplick then? really, if the parameter you use
to decide if you will run an OS is that name it has, you have serious
problems with the current offerings. I, personally, prefer to use the
OS that fits me bst, not with the best name. Let's face it, BeOS is not
exactly an incredible name... It is just that we are used to it.

> it's such a lame name.

Funny. I think Sikosis is a lame name. Actually I also think BGA is a
lame name (and that does not prevent me using it as a nickname).

> also, the lack of updating the web site ... its still the plain old
> (dare i
> say ugly) look that was suppose to be changed.

It *WILL* be changed. But it *IS NOT* a priority. I think that should
be common sense by now.

-Bruno

-- Fortune Cookie Says:

"The climate of Bombay is such that its inhabitants have to live
elsewhere."