[openbeos] Re: walter / new name

  • From: "Axel Dörfler" <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 08 Nov 2002 04:51:39 +0100 CET

"Sikosis" <beos@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> if openbeos is going to be called walter ... ill bailing.
> it's such a lame name.

Do people really have so little humour outside of my basement? :-))
I guess I better stay then.

> hell, it's not as though im even listed on your site as contributing
> anyway
> ... (i got sick of asking ppl to add my name. i can find better
> places to
> spend my time and resources.)

Just asking the right person should do fine :-)
If you are contributing code you *should* really be listed on the
webpage. Kick your team leader's ass until he does (I hope it's not
mine, though ;-))

> also, the lack of updating the web site ... its still the plain old
> (dare i
> say ugly) look that was suppose to be changed.

As stated several times on this mailing list, the look will change and
the whole website will get a rework when we've chosen a new name, and
our fabulous creative team has developed a decent "sphere" for our
project.
It just doesn't make sense to do it all over again every now and then.
You may ignoring it, but it's much work to create a site such as
OpenBeOS' one. And, it really doesn't look that bad right now either -
it's just not edgy and smooth, but fulfills almost any needs :-)

Adios...
   Axel.