[openbeos] Re: wacom pen tablet support

  • From: "François Revol" <revol@xxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 04 Aug 2008 13:36:56 +0200 CEST

> > Is this device supported by Haiku´s wacom driver?
> >
> > WACOM BAMBOO ONE MEDIUM A6 USB
> > CTF-430/S-EN
> >
> > (the cheapest model)
>
> Do you know the device id for it? It is most likely a job of adding a
> case in the driver with the device id and size.It's most likely used
> like a pen partner.

It appeared to me the driver hardcodes grid sizes for each model, and
then devides the coords by those to map to {1.0,1.0}.
This seems very odd, and at least is the reason it doesn't work with
QEMU's emulation, which just sends the original coords unscaled.
The correct way should be to check the HID descriptors to read the max
values.
However QEMU doesn't give those descriptors for the wacom device, only
the standard tablet one.

François.