[openbeos] Re: visual stuff... to charlie and lars

  • From: Helmar Rudolph <helmar@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2003 13:00:36 +0200

gein wrote:

> I think you're both missing a point here. Those users who
> look at screenshots and may decide upon that fit in a
> group called "early adopters" (check Marketing 101), and
> believe me, this are the kind of users you need before
> the others may try it.
>
> I'm not saying  that it should be the main focus, not by
> a long shot, but to dismiss them, like you don't need
> them or want them, we'll prove to be a huge mistake.

Excellent post and point! Not only ar the "early adopters"
critical in terms of getting feedback and building
communities, they are usually also the ones who spread the
word about the product and who continuously help others with
their PC problems. They are the marketing folks you need to
get the word around if you don't have a fat budget.

Helmar