[openbeos] Re: very not good bad behavior

  • From: Ingo Weinhold <bonefish@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 02 Dec 2003 23:14:51 +0100

On 2003-12-02 at 01:40:51 [+0100], Andrew Bachmann wrote:

> If you're reading this, then luckily your networking hasn't been hosed by
> this.  I did a cvs update
> and I simply ran "jam" in current.  We need to change these targets so that
> this isn't happening
> by default.  There are others being installed that didn't affect me
> personally, however they
> should all be changed.
>
> Install /boot/home/config/add-ons/kernel/drivers/bin/rtl8139
> Chgrp /boot/home/config/add-ons/kernel/drivers/bin/rtl8139
> SymLink1 /boot/home/config/add-ons/kernel/drivers/dev/net/rtl8139
> Chgrp /boot/home/config/add-ons/kernel/drivers/dev/net/rtl8139

Sorry, that was my bad. The AbsSymLink and RelSymLink -- which make the
symlink depend on the `all' or `files' pseudo target -- are used by the
installation rules. So, actually, all Jamfiles using the installation rules
were broken.

I fixed this by adding a flag as parameter to the *SymLink rules specifying
whether the dependencies should be created or not (defaulting to true and
passed as false where necessary). Not nice, but in my eyes the fix with the
least changes necessary.

I did not undo the changes made by Philippe a few minutes ago. He commented
the invocation of the installation rules in the following files:

  src/add-ons/kernel/drivers/network/rtl8139/Jamfile
  src/add-ons/kernel/drivers/network/sis900/Jamfile
  src/add-ons/kernel/drivers/network/stack/Jamfile

It should be save to revert that now, though.

Anyway, I'm sick and have a hard time to concentrate, so I disclaim all
liability regarding my changes. I did a few test with things concerned one
way or another, but you know...

Again, sorry for the inconvenience my mistake caused.

CU, Ingo

PS: There are still a bunch of libs that, for convenience, are linked or
copied into /boot/home/config/lib by default. I didn't change that (not
knowingly at least).