[openbeos] Re: userspace FS, device driver in userspace?

  • From: Stephan Assmus <superstippi@xxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2007 15:00:21 +0100

Clemens Zeidler wrote (2007-10-30, 13:44:23 [+0100]):
> Hi,
>
> a long time after my first ask I finally try to compile the userlandfs
> for r5.
> I checked out the haiku source and configure it with ./configure
> --target=r5
> But after a jam I can't found any lib related to the userlandfs. Is it
> not't in the r5 target? or did I miss something?
>
> Could someone give me some more detail how to compile/ install and use
> the userland FS under r5? I'm not very familiar with the haiku build
> system.

First, if you have BONE installed, the targets might end up in the bone
subfolder even if you configured for R5. But you should be able to tell
from the output in the command line where the targets went.

Second, which folder did you try to build the userlandfs driver in? Ingo
will know for sure, but I think there are multiple versions (some in the
tests subfolder) for R5 and for Haiku. The filesystem API has changed in
Haiku, so I think there might be different versions for that reason alone.
And if you tried to jam the Haiku version, it would probably build nothing,
without an error message, if the target is not specified (in the Jamfile)
to be compatible for the target platform.

Best regards,
-Stephan