[haiku] Re: trouble making raw image bootable

  • From: Matt Madia <mattmadia@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 2 May 2009 16:11:26 +0000

On Sat, May 2, 2009 at 4:02 PM, Stefano Ceccherini
<stefano.ceccherini@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> 2009/5/2 Glenn Holmer <gholmer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
>> I've installed Haiku from the raw image a couple of times successfully,
>> but this time I followed the same steps and it failed (build 30545).
>> This is what I do:
>>
>> 1) download the raw image and unzip
>> 2) from Linux, on the target machine:
>>   dd if=haiku-alpha.image of=/dev/sdc2
>> 3) boot Zeta on the target machine and verify sdc2 is visible as /Haiku
>> 4) from terminal, makebootable /Haiku
>
> Since some revisions (when we changed the system paths), Zeta's
> makebootable can no longer make a haiku image... bootable.

The revision was 29876. [0]  BeOS's makebootable will also not work.
One solution is to use makebootabletiny from either linux or beos/zeta.
irc chat log search for "makebootabletiny"[1]
a few articles at www.haiku-os.org on makebootabletiny [2]

Hope this helps.

[0] - http://dev.haiku-os.org/changeset/29876
[1] - http://tinyurl.com/echelog-makebootablytiny