[haiku] Re: themes

  • From: Alexander von Gluck IV <kallisti5@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 19 Apr 2014 09:30:45 -0500

On 04/19/2014 02:02 AM, Skar Cat wrote:
hi, this week when i was promting haiku os in social networks, some people say haiku trasmit and is similar to win98, then they thing haiku are old, i know that is a lie but we should accept haiku become a look and feel no so modern... i am designer can i help with it? appearence is no so important when the core import but we love haiku and the last thing i want is people forget how modern it is.

We already support window themes.  Several examples exist in the code base:
    http://cgit.haiku-os.org/haiku/tree/src/add-ons/decorators

It was decided some time ago to only provide the base "BeOS" theme.
End users are free to write their own decorator add-ons and supply them.

If they are good enough the general consensus may change to ship additional decorators again :-)
Patches welcome.

 -- Alex