[openbeos] Re: the new website

  • From: "Jonas Sundström" <jonas@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 26 Aug 2006 04:06:24 +0200 CEST

"Waldemar Kornewald" <wkornew@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 8/25/06, Jorge G. Mare (a.k.a. Koki)
> <koki@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > - About
> >
> >     * What is Haiku
> >     * Haiku Tour (screenshots or videos)
> >     * Teams
> >     * Sponsors
>
> Is the internal team structure really of any
> interest to end-users?

It's easier to build trust in people than in a a few
autumn leaves and a marketing blurb.

I for one, hate using software by faceless, sometimes
nameless developers, or by small, anonymous ISVs.

> > - News & Events
> >
> >     * Latest news
> >     * News archive
> >     * WalterCon
> Does WalterCon really need its own entry?
> It only happens once per year.

It's good to have a something more than the occasional
news entry, about WalterCon and BeGeistert, so that
developers new to Haiku see that we are a indeed a
community, with a distinct BeOS/Haiku culture, and
that they're missing out on all the fun!

> That section should also attract commercial support and
> collaboration (that's why I called it "Collaborate", but there
> could be a better name for it).

Partners, partnerships, friends, ecosystem, offspring,
distributions, cross-pollination, related projects, ... ?

BTW, the change from verbs to nouns is interesting.

learn, experience, develop, contribute
  ->
faq, (download), status, documentation,
development, (collaborate)

(A mental change from project to product?)

Maybe it should be all nouns: 'downloads' (the -s to
make it less of a verb) and 'collaboration'.

/Jonas.