[openbeos] Re: the new website

  • From: Gavin James <gavin.james@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 27 Aug 2006 22:20:48 +0100

So the question is: is it possible to change the logo for the Community
area to one with the community co-branding signature?

Yes, with some theme hackery (hard-coding which page needs a different logo) it should be possible.

I'm sure we could use Drupal's taxonomy system for this... just display a different header logo in the theme depending on whether the page is tagged "community" or not.

It is a bit hackish, but an acceptable one I think.

Does that mean that we will migrate the phpBB forums to the new website?
If that is the case, that should go under the "Community" area.

I'd like to keep the content itself it separate. I'd love to have it visually integrated, but I don't know how to do it and I don't have enough time. If someone offers to do it (via plugin?) I'll gladly take his work.

There's already a module that does that, AND integrates user authentication too! (http://drupal.org/node/32818)

Gavin? Do you still want to code? We need you (and other web
developers) to implement Jorge's ideas. That's too much for me... :)
I'm really getting too busy for this.

Yep! Just let me know how to get started, and on what, specifically. I don't want to pick something to work on that won't actually be needed/used. :)

- Gavin