[openbeos] Re: sync daemon?

  • From: "Waldemar Kornewald" <wkornewald@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2007 23:11:38 +0100

On 1/18/07, André Braga <meianoite@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Exactly the reason why I would NOT like the very option of disabling
the write cache at all. Or at least not make it the default. "It Just
Works"(tm) entails reliability AND performance. Actually, it
essentially means user shouldn't be pissed off by the quirks of the
appliance.

Agreed. It was just a workaround.

I don't think so. I hate the fact that Windows makes it hard to eject
removable devices (at least 2 clicks and quite a good deal of mouse

When you have an active app it requires even more user interaction to
get to the desktop and unmount the volume in BeOS.

aiming at the tiny "removable media" traybar icon, not to mention how
difficult it is for my father to remember what's it for, how's it
shaped, and when to use it), and some Linux DEs are heading towards
the same (mis)direction by "uncluttering" the desktop and adding
another level of indirection by demanding one to open the "Computer"
icon.

I thought of directly listing all volumes in the Deskbar (instead of
the desktop). There even was some mockup with this idea, but I can't
find it, anymore.

Bye,
Waldemar Kornewald