[openbeos] sync daemon?

  • From: "Karl vom Dorff" <haikubounties@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2007 19:41:26 -0500

Just playing with Haiku, and the amount it crashes or hangs, I'm always losing information. I was wondering if there was ever a utility for BeOS, or if it would be something to consider adding to Haiku.

A daemon that would sync the disk every 5 minutes or so. Maybe this is beyond my understanding or I have it wrong, but the way I see it, even in BeOS, if your system crashed or hung while you were working on something, or say stuff you downloaded, well that would be gone upon restart. There is no scan disk in BeOS.

Buy, Load, Play. The new Sympatico / MSN Music Store works seamlessly with Windows Media Player. Just Click PLAY. http://musicstore.sympatico.msn.ca/content/viewer.aspx?cid=SMS_Sept192006