[openbeos] Re: suggestions: iconv.h, libiconv, and iconv

  • From: "Andrew Bachmann" <shatty@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 01 Aug 2003 18:18:01 -0700 PDT

On Sat, 02 Aug 2003 02:54:40 +0200 CEST "Axel Dörfler"
<axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On a different note: I think I don't like the libtextencoding.so stuff
> in kits/support. I think I would rather see it in libs/textencoding. I
> would prefer to have only those stuff in support/ which actually is
> part of libbe.so, dunno what else is there.
> How's that?
>
> Adios...
>    Axel.

I put the textencoding stuff in kits/support because convert_to_utf8
comes up in the support kit section of the bebook.  (Not too mention
I asked about it :-) )  We don't have libs/foo for any libs except third
party libs so I think it'd be weird to put libtextencoding.so there.  I
notice that the kits/network is divided into two subdirectories for
libnet and libnetapi though, and perhaps we could put a subdirectory
in kits/support for libtextencoding?

Andrew