[openbeos] Re: suggestions: iconv.h, libiconv, and iconv

  • From: "Axel Dörfler" <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2003 15:30:17 +0200 CEST

"Andrew Bachmann" <shatty@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> So, I'm stuck in what I view to be a poor situation.  Right now we
> have what I > consider to be a perfectly fine, ideal version of iconv.h
checked in. (after I
> added size_t.h anyway)

As far as I can tell, libiconv.so exports their functions with the
"lib" prefix because glibc contains a libc implementation - and that
one already exports the standard posix names.
I would be fine with using the GNU version of the library. When I will
continue to integrate GNU's libio to our libroot.so, I will have a
deeper look at the situation. Right now, I have iconv building as part
of libroot.so with our header with no problem here locally.
I would suggest to leave the question as is now, and I will bring it up
again when I restart working on libroot.so.
Thoughts?

Adios...
   Axel.