[openbeos] Re: suggestions for R1

  • From: Marco Zanon <info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 30 Mar 2003 23:46:06 +0200

> maybe you've just suggested
> something that I COULD DO!  thanks!  i'll give it a shot.

thank you, I'm ready to help with suggestions if you need to...

> > 4) take the GPL'ed code from POle, which is a library for
> > reading OLE streams from files (it could be useful to
> > developers to have such a library shipped with the operating
> > system), and is included in the KOffice cvs tree (but AFAIK
> > it is written in C/C++ only, no Qt or Kde code);
>
> i'm not certain that this is neccesary.  i'm more of a hardware
> guy than software and just don't know much about it, but the
> capabilities put OLE to shame and that if you want to embed an
> app inside another one, replicants really do work wonderfully.
> take a look there.

yes, but that library wasn't meant to reproduce the OLE
architecture and embed apps, it is used to read OLE streams from
OLE files,
particularly, it was developed by a very good programmer - Ariya
Hidayat - working for the KOffice project, and it was used by
Ariya and me for creating a StarOffice 5.x import filter for
KOffice,
so I thought it could be used by BeOS apps for reading OLE files
(i.e.: Microsoft Office ones, when we will have an office suite
:)

thanks :)

Marco Zanon [http://www.marcozanon.com]