[openbeos] Re: string functions (libc)

  • From: "Axel Dörfler" <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 16 Sep 2002 16:04:47 CEST (+0200)

Jack wrote:
> Ok, I took some string functions (str[n]casecmp, strdup, strcspn)
> from freebsd. If no one complains, I'll commit them ASAP, or, if you
prefer, I'll send it to someone into the kernel team.

Both would be fine with me. Just remember to update the kernel's
Jamfile as well as the local ones when you add any files.

> BTW, should we keep the rule "one function, one file", or can I, for
> example, put strcasecmp and strncasecmp into the same file (as FreeBSD
do) ?

I think both has its ups and downs. I actually prefer to group several
functions; i.e. have a dir.c or directory.c in unistd that includes
opendir(), closedir(), readdir(), etc..

Adios...
   Axel.